For this blog we partnered with Natural Nipple. This blog post focuses on microbiome with Lauren Wright. In this episode she characterizes what you can do as a mother to promote healthy gut function along with describing the process here!
What even is a Microbiome?
- Microbiome - a army of 100 trillion microbial cells that we depend on to stay alive, influencing the way we eat, think, and function
- It's unique to you!
Factors that Influence the Biome:
- Your Mom
- Gestation Age
- Mode of Delivery
- Feeding: The Most Amazing Thing
- Breast milk= first life vaccine
- Nutrients necessary for the good bacterias to grow & reduce the risk of fatal infections
- Environmental Exposure
The Good, the Bad & the Harmless: Microbiome DNA
- High Risk Bacteria alters mood and immunity
- High Reward Bacteria heals our body, improves digestion & helps immunity
What is “Dysbiosis”?
- Caused by an imbalance in your gut & characterized by decreased cell diversity
- Can contribute to Immune disruption and inflammation due to increased permeability of the gut
Foods that Boost your Biome!
- Sauerkraut & Kimchi
- ¼ cup
- 8 oz.
- Red wine
Our Telehealth Services include:
- 45 minute tele-health visit with a specialist
- At home microbiome stool analysis
- Complete gut microbiome analysis with personalized scores
- Recommendation on foods that boost immune-health along with what foods to minimize and avoid
- 30 minute consultation with a dietician
- 3 months supply of customized probiotics
Personalized to You!
- We provide an immune-biome analysis via stool analysis
- We make recommendations by identifying bacteria, reviewing the results & setting a goal for optimizing and improving your gut health!